NSA, PGP and RSA

Robin Mathew Rajan robinmathewrajan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 03:09:54 CEST 2014

Hi everyone!

I'm Robin Mathew Rajan from India and I'm a new member here. I'm also new to PGP cryptographic concepts. I've some experiences with some other forms of crypto concepts though. I wish to explore more about PGP.

Straight to my question! According to many speculations out in the public, NSA has weakened RSA algorithm. Is it still safe to use the RSA as the underlying algorithm for generating the keys? Are there any viable alternatives which we can choose over RSA and DSA?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thanks!
Robin Mathew Rajan
https://www.robinmathewrajan.com/ramblings/