[Announce] The maybe final Beta for GnuPG 2.1

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Oct 3 20:16:04 CEST 2014

> Disclaimer: I'm not Werner, and I'm Dutch.

These are forgivable character flaws.  :)

> It is most definitely Staatssicherheit as in "die Sicherheit des
> Staat(e)s". It's a genetive, just like it's People's Republic of China
> and not People Republic of China.

Ah, that explains my difficulty.  My usual grammatical rule of thumb for
German is "imagine 18th-century English," which works fine most of the
time but breaks for the genitive case (on account of English not having
one -- the way we structure possessives is a remnant of the Saxon
genitive, but it does not represent an actual grammatical case).

Thanks.  :)