emails snowden and poitras

Martin Behrendt martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de
Tue Oct 14 11:18:14 CEST 2014

Am 14.10.2014 um 10:55 schrieb Rejo Zenger:

> So, what's the objective of Snowden, you think?

I assume that Laura Poitras never used gpg before or at least Snowden
assumed so. I guess the main intend of the question were to sensitize
her of the topic and make her think about possible threats and teach her.
And he explicitly asks to confirm that on a different communication
channel to avoid the problem you mentioned.

> Of course, if Poitras would answer that her private key is in the
> hands of some other person, I expect her to have revoked to key
> anyways.

If you assume she is new to gpg I guess that is a wrong expectation.

greetings
Martin