Encrypt folders which include audio video and text files

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun Oct 19 13:22:07 CEST 2014

On 17/10/14 21:17, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> What do you guys use to encrypt folders which may include audio, video
> and text files?

I'm still missing my favourite alternative in the suggestions.

device-mapper's dm-crypt target together with LUKS (Linux Unified Key
Setup). dm-crypt is somewhat the successor to encrypted loopback
mentioned by Rob, and fixes some of the issues perceived in encrypted
loopback. Some of those where subsequently also fixed in encrypted
loopback itself, to make things more clear for everyone ;P.

In Debian, the package cryptsetup provides all the goodness.

HTH,

Peter.