smart card under linux

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Tue Oct 21 14:58:24 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Philip Jackson
<philip.jackson at nordnet.fr> wrote:
> On 21/10/14 09:25, Pete Stephenson wrote:
>> What is the result of running the command:
>>
>> echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
>
> echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
> /tmp/gpg-9S6s3F/S.gpg-agent:1611:1

Interesting, thanks.

In the past when I've had issues similar to yours it turns out to be
the Gnome Keyring's GPG agent causing trouble[1] since it doesn't
support smartcards. However, that doesn't seem to be the case with
your issue (if it was, the command would mention "keyring" rather than
"gpg-agent").

Perhaps others have a better idea what's going on?

Cheers!
-Pete

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/884856/comments/8

--