gpgsm signatures fail starting with 2.1.0-beta864

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 29 13:37:50 CET 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:00, lechten at wi.uni-muenster.de said:

> Note that I’ve got multiple keys, the first one is expired, one is
> revoked, and one is valid.  Thus, I need to use --local-user to
> create signatures (otherwise, the expired key is tried).

I can't replicate that while also using --local-user.  The only changes
for gpgsm since beta834 are related to the key storage.  Without any log
output I can't help very much.  Please check that the correct gpg-agent
is used and not some older version - has it been started and is still
running after the test (gpg-connect-agent 'getinfo version' /bye)

> Also, I don’t know whether this makes a difference: My current key
> is stored on a USB token, while the other ones are not.

For verification the card is not used.  Are you sure that the signature
has been created properly?  I heard of problems with pcscd and
policy-kit.  Maybe you missed an error message.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner