key length/size RSA discussion/recommendations in the wiki

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Oct 29 22:18:13 CET 2014

On 2014-10-29 21:49, vedaal at nym.hush.com wrote:
> Surely Peter knows this too ;-)
>
> More likely 128 was a typo for the more common older RSA key of 1028

No, I'm using a strict definition of brute force.

For p = 2^63 to 2^64-1
   For q = 2^63 to 2^64-1
     If p * q == n:
       Break
   Next
Next

You're free to adapt the order of tries of p and q, though.

Happy breaking!

I don't feel the method outlined by Rob is still brute force. That
brute actually is using his brain. Possibly his brain resembles a sieve,
but still :). Am I too strict?

Peter.

PS: I'm assuming a 128-bit RSA key is made up of two 64-bit primes.

My key is available at
<http://digitalbrains.com/2012/openpgp-key-peter>