Smartcard and PIN cache

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Tue Sep 2 07:57:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

when decrypting a file with gpg2 in combination with a GnuPG v2.0
smartcard, my PIN, once entered, is cached a long time. Removing the
smartcard or the reader deletes the cache, of course. Although I've
read a bunch of documents and searched the net, I haven't managed yet
to find out how I can disable PIN caching *completely* in this case.

I'm aware of the "Signature PIN" option, and it's set to "forced", but
this does of course not affect decryption.

Is it possbile to disable PIN caching entirely when using a smartcard,
and if so, how can I do this?

Thanks,
 Heinz.