[Announce] GPA 0.9.5 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 2 08:51:15 CEST 2014

On Tue,  2 Sep 2014 02:01, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> GPA's configure.ac suggests that gpgkeys_ldap needs to exist.  But in
> the gpg 2.1 branch, the keys helpers have all be removed in favor of
> dirmngr.  Is gpa supposed to be compatible with the 2.1 branch of gpg?

Frankly, I have mostly tested it with 2.1.

> I guess GPA should probably detect the absence of an agent, and either
> warn the user of its absence or start one up automatically.

With 2.1 the default is anyway to start the agent automatically.  I'll
add a warning dialog explaining that the agent is required.  For the
smartcard support we need the agent anyway and can't fall back to the
1.4 smartcard solution.  I do not think that the use of 1.4 is
appropriate with GPA and I doubt that it will work.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner