encrypting to expired certificates

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Sep 16 20:32:28 CEST 2014

On 16/09/14 16:16, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> A bloody shame to throw it away. You really throw out perfectly good food?
>
> As a farm kid, the answer is a resounding "yes, and you should be thanking
> me."

I'm sorry I keep going on, but I have got to get this off my chest. You are
urging me to do something in direct defiance of how I was raised and my personal
beliefs, and even urging me to thank you for that! That really is bloody
facetious. You've really got nerve, man.

Peter.

PS:

> And when you send email encrypted to an expired certificate, you are asking
> *your recipient* to put the confidentiality of your communication with them
> entirely in the hands of your judgment about whether their "I no longer
> certify this for use" statement should be respected.

I only see the statement "I certify this key until X". That is certainly what I
did when I thought really well about how I wanted it to be and put an expiry
date on my key. I never made the statement "I no longer certify this".