encrypting to expired certificates

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Sep 16 20:41:09 CEST 2014

> Ouch, that's really selective quoting you're doing.

No, I'm using the same verbiage I did before.  Quoting myself:

=====
"Hauke, this entire argument is what I meant when I talked about gilding
the lily repeatedly.  If you can find half a dozen *real users* who are
being *really impacted* by this, I'd love to hear about them."
=====

A "real user" is not a user that technically exists but has only ever
used GnuPG once and is unlikely to do so again; a real user is one who
has a significant need for GnuPG and uses it to address these needs.

"Really impacted" doesn't mean an impact barely greater than epsilon; it
means significant impact.

My usage is consistent.  If you've chosen to reinterpret my words as
"existence" rather than "significance," that's on you; you've dropped my
threshold from significance to "it's okay if the user and the impact are
completely insignificant, just so long as they exist," which is clearly
not what I meant at all.