encrypting to expired certificates

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Sep 17 00:03:29 CEST 2014

On 9/16/14 12:12 PM, Nicholas Cole wrote:
> I'll admit that I hadn't actually realised how hard it is to make
> GnuPG change the expiry dates of subkeys at the same time as changing
> the expiry date of the main key.  What is the approved way to do this?

It wasn't *that* hard, just not what I expected. :)

When you get into the edit-key menu you can do 'uid *' (or specifically
select the uids you want to update, if not all). Then update the expiry.

Then also do 'key *' (or specifically select the subkeys you want to
update). Then you can update the expiry for the subkey(s).

The thing that I found unexpected is that even if you do both 'uid *'
and 'key *' you can still only update the expiry for one or the other,
apparently whichever one of those you executed last.

hth,

Doug