New beta

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun Sep 21 11:59:46 CEST 2014

On 20/09/14 17:06, Werner Koch wrote:
> But given that 1.4 is not able to parse ECC keys the selection process can't
> consider an ECC key in the first place.

What is the net effect when GnuPG 1.4 encounters, for example, such a key:

RSA pubkey with Certify and Sign capabilities
RSA subkey with Encrypt capability, created 2014-04-01
ECC subkey with Encrypt capability, created 2014-09-21

Everything is non-expired. If I were to try to encrypt to it, would 1.4 pick the
RSA subkey because it is valid and understandable to it, or would it fail to
encrypt to this key because it can't parse ECC keys?

Peter.