help: state machine is DEAD. Reset the card first.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Sep 23 17:41:59 CEST 2014

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:14, pmlopes at gmail.com said:

> Sep 23 14:34:03 WLT000113 pcscd: openct/proto-t1.c:170:t1_transceive() T=1
> state machine is DEAD. Reset the card first.
> Sep 23 14:34:03 WLT000113 pcscd: ifdwrapper.c:527:IFDTransmit() Card not
> transacted: 612

"card not transacted" used to be a catch-all error of pcsclite.  Please
try the internal driver of scdaemon: Stop pcscd and that driver will be
used.  If that still does not work check the permissions of the USB
device (you need write access) and add

debug 2048
debug-ccid-driver
log-file /foo/bar/scd.log

to ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf.  Kill scdaemon ("gpgconf --kill scdaemon" or
"pkill scdaemon")

> So my question is, can i have my 3 keys + 1 cert in the card? how can i

Yes.  Please use a recent version of GnuPG because a bug concering the
reading of long certificates was recently fixed.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner