Blind signatures for simple election

Jan Svensson jan.svensson at hush.com
Wed Apr 8 18:43:34 CEST 2015

Thank you very much for your answer!

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear about it, but I am more interested if it
is possible to use GPG to do the basic things here (not necessary for
an election), i.e. to have a user blind a small text file with some
GPG-command, then if it is possible for the signer to sign the blinded
text file with some GPG-command, and finally if the user would be able
to unblind this signed text file now also containing a signature from
the signer.

I guess this is not possible to do with GPG, right?

>From what I've read it seems like GPG internally is using blinding to
avoid RSA timing attacks, but I guess it is not possible for a user of
GPG to use those functions in a similar way as I describe above.

I've looked a bit at CryptoBallot and all the crypto stuff seems to be
done in the Go language. I've also looked at PseudoID which seems to
be coded in Python and JavaScript, i.e. none of CryptoBallot or
PseudoID seems to use GPG in any way. Maybe I should try see if I can
borrow some code from CryptoBallot or PseudoID to do this, or in best
case if someone knows some other project that fits better so I can set
up a simple prototype of the system myself?

Best regards,
Jan

On 4/8/2015 at 1:10 AM, "MFPA"  wrote:-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE-----

Hi
On Tuesday 7 April 2015 at 7:15:13 PM, in
,
jan.svensson at hush.com wrote:
> Hello,

> I have been looking around a bit, but couldn't find the
> answer. I would like to do the following with GPG if
> possible, thanks in advance:

> Assume we would like to hold a small election where no
> one should be able to know which political party anyone
> have voted for.

What you went on to describe sounds quite a bit like CryptoBallot [0],
[1].

[0] .
[1] .

- --
Best regards

MFPA

Those who do not read are no better off than those who cannot.