can not decrypt file suddenly

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Tue Apr 14 05:46:46 CEST 2015

On 4/13/15 8:07 PM, jason zhang wrote:
> Hi NIIBE
>
> Thank you very much for the help.
>
> Yes, it asked me the passphrase just after "gpg: CAST5 encrypted data"
> line, and I gave the passphrase. The passphrase is definitely right
> since I used it very 2 or 3 days.

You mentioned that you had an unscheduled shutdown recently. Did the
problem start shortly thereafter? Do you have an archived version of the
file that you can compare this one too? It's not impossible that the
encrypted file was corrupted.

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not