protecting pub-keys from unwanted signatures

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:02:33 CEST 2015

Il 16/08/2015 18:04, Einar Ryeng ha scritto:

> Is there any other problem arising from someone signing your key without
> "permission"?
The only problem I see is that you can easily get associated with the
wrong people. Like what happened here in Italy with Fidobust (about 25
years ago): some pirates' phone lines were being tapped, and since they
connected to Fidonet BBSs, those got tapped too... then their lines were
tapped and the other nodes they connected to became "suspects" and so
on. As a result, a lot of people have had their bedrooms (where they
kept the BBS PC) locked for the YEARS needed by "justice" to do its work.

That's why my skin crawls when Robert J Hansen says
> Except that 99% of people who see that signature will think you have
> an association with white supremacists.
> Should they?  No.
> Will they?  Yes.
Especially if one of those is a judge. When the average person have to
pay for a lawyer, (s)he has already lost.

BYtE,
 Diego