[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.10 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 7 11:06:49 CET 2015

On Mon,  7 Dec 2015 01:05, 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net said:

> Should these be available in the Windows version? I get:-
>
>     gpg: unknown trust model 'tofu+pgp'
>     gpg: unknown TOFU policy 'ask'

Have a look into the announcement:

  The source used to build the Windows installer can be found in the same
  directory with a ".tar.xz" suffix.  This Windows installer is missing
  translations, it has no TOFU support and no HKPS support.  However, it
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  fully supports Tor and the Tor browser.

The reason for the missing Tofu support is that we need to package
Sqlite in a way to make it easy to cross-compile for Windows.  It is
just a bit of work but other things have higher priority for now than
Windows.

HPKS support is missing because out NTBTLS library is not yet ready.  We
want to use that small footprint library to avoid the huge overhead of
installing GNUTLS with all its dependencies on Windows which duplicates
most of our crypto code since GNUTLS switched to another crypto library.
However, installing Tor and using an .onion keyserver is anyway a better
option for OpenPGP keys.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner