Error message "gpg: Can't check signature: Broken public key"

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Thu Dec 10 14:05:15 CET 2015

On 10/12/15 01:50, MFPA wrote:
> On 6th December I switched the order of these lines, so that the RSA
> signature comes last. An Enigmail and GnuPG 2.0 user told me he was
> not seeing the "good" signature from 0x6B7C74CEB31F25F0. It appears
> that if there are multiple signatures present, Enigmail only passes on
> the GnuPG output for the last one.

I'm using gpg2.0.22 on my desktop and I can never verify your emails
(MFPA) - I always get from enigmail :

"Unverified signature; the key type is not supported by your version of
GnuPG"

"Unverified signature

UNTRUSTED BAD signature from 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
<2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net>"

Which is normal for an ECC key.

On my laptop, with Debian Jessie and gpg2.1.7, the signature verifies
ok.  Again normal for 2.1.x

Philip