Can I pass the password from the command line?

Steve Butler sbutler at fchn.com
Wed Dec 16 00:21:13 CET 2015

There is under 1.4.  Don't know if it is in v2.  I'm not at my desk to pop the script open.   But you could pipe the passphrase via stain and tell gpg  to grab it from there.  Be careful as that still leaves it in the clear to those reading your script.   Potential local users could also see it if you echo'd it to the pipe.