about cartoon in FAQ 10.1. 'Correct, horse! Battery staple!'

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Dec 26 09:53:38 CET 2015

On 26/12/15 01:39, malte at wk3.org wrote:
> do you have an estimate on the number of unique sentences published on
> the Internet?

Hmmmmm.... how many of those would have been generated by a Markov chain
generator that a spammer used to generate some filler text in a spam
mail? I bet you've seen them, those texts that superficially look like
proper English sentences, but when you look closely, it's completely
non-sensical.

What is your purpose by the way? Look for an estimated amount of entropy
contained in picking one of those sentences?

HTH,

Peter.