about cartoon in FAQ 10.1. 'Correct, horse! Battery staple!'

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 26 16:54:31 CET 2015

On 12/25/2015 12:50 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 24 December 2015 17:02:54 Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I do not fully understand why some 4 random words like
>>
>> Correct, horse! Battery staple!
>>
>> is a better passphrase like, for example
>>
>> Und allein dieser Mangel und nichts anderes führte zum Tod.
>>
>> i.e. some phrasing which could be memorized better?
>
> The second sentence is found by search engines (2 hits in
> DuckDuckGo). Don't use it or any other phrase that's has been
> published on the internet. A phrase of 4 random words has a high
> probability that it has not been published on the internet (or
> anywhere else). The tricky part is that you must never put your
> 4-random-words phrase into a search engine to check this.
>
> Instead of using a 4-random-words phrase you can use a proper
> sentence with equivalent entropy provided that you do not use a
> sentence that has been published anywhere. Come up with your own
> sentence. Ideally come up with a sentence that doesn't make any
> sense like "The horse was correct. You cannot staple batteries."
> This phrase might be easier to remember and has a similar entropy
> as the above mentioned 4-random-words phrase.

A favorite of mine, not usable then, and even less so now, is the
following:

At Night We Walk in Circles and Are Consumed by Fire

In Latin, that is a palindrome.

It is now the name of a musical composition, and has a group of its
own on Facebook.

https://www.wnyc.org/radio/#/ondemand/510001

- --
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 10:35:01 up 1 day, 11:08, 2 users, load average: 4.16, 4.24, 4.19