advice please

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Mon Dec 28 23:22:20 CET 2015

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, Steve Butler <sbutler at fchn.com> wrote:

> I see the attached when I do the search in Software Center on Ubuntu 15.10.
>

> Stephen M. Butler, PMP, PSM

Well, I see gnupg in the list, I am not sure whether it is gnupg2 or not.

gpg is hard to set up.  Even after it is set up to do what you
want, your correspondent must also have a working gpg/PGP system,
else you will not be able to communicate using gpg as your
encrypt/decrypt system.  The Free Software Forces have, so far,
failed to produce an email crypto system which one billion people
could use.  We have a good central armature for such a system,
namely gpg, but the stuff around gpg is in practice very
difficult to use.

What do you want to with GnuPG?

oo--JS.