Pin-pad on SPR332 smartcard reader does not work under OSX

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Feb 9 14:31:06 CET 2015

On 02/09/2015 07:07 PM, Niobos wrote:
> I've tried to debug this myself. This is what I found:
> I can see scdaemon doing pcsc_vendor_specific_init(), but failing:
>
>> pcsc_vendor_specific_init: GET_FEATURE_REQUEST failed: 65538

It means:
In order to use pinpad input, scdaemon asked PC/SC service to get code
of FEATURE_VERIFY_PIN_DIRECT and FEATURE_MODIFY_PIN_DIRECT, by
GET_FEATURE_REQUEST command.  But failed.

In this point, scdaemon had no way to use pinpad input.

> How should I proceed to get this to work? Is it even supposed to work
> under OSX? What additional info do you need?

I haven't got any report for OS X about pinpad input.

I think that scdaemon's apdu.c assumes using PC/SC-lite on OS X.
If not, I think that we need to fix the line 248-259 of apdu.c,
which defines CM_IOCTL_GET_FEATURE_REQUEST.

Could you please check your PC/SC service and version?