MIME or inline signature ?

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Fri Feb 13 19:09:21 CET 2015

On 2/12/2015 at 5:42 PM, "Xavier Maillard" <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>in my quest of the perfect setup, I am asking myself what is the
>prefered way to sign a message: inline (like this one) or using a
>MIME header ?

=====

If, by 'perfect', you mean that it's as close to possible to not be mangled, and/or tampered with,
then there is a simple but often overlooked way to do this, while including any meta-data you wish to add:

Armor Sign it  ;-)

Assuming everyone you correspond with, who is interested in your signature, is using GnuPG,
then they can easily verify it.

Assuming you just want to do this for the mailing list, where most people don't sign their messages anyway,
then just send the plaintext without worrying about the signature.

vedaal