ilovefs: Thank you, Werner and GnuPG users and developers

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Sat Feb 14 10:36:07 CET 2015

Hello, Werner and GnuPG lovers,

I'd like to share Matthias Kirschner's article today.

http://blogs.fsfe.org/mk/i-love-free-software-thanks-to-all-the-gnupg-contributors/

And I'd like to say, thank you to all in this opportunity.

Well, let me wrote something to celebrate http://ilovefs.org/

In 1999, I met Werner when he visited Japan for FSF seminar in Tokyo.
Yes, we exchanged GPG public keys at that time.

Then, in 2004, when I visited Germany to join LinuxTag in Karlsruhe, I
visited FSFE booth.  IIRC, Werner gave me OpenPGPcard version 1.0
(That's _the_ cause which eventually resulted Gnuk).  In return, I
taught my invention of GDHProtocol:

    http://www.gniibe.org/pages/gdhp.html

Perhaps, some people remembered that we played GDHP in front of the
FSFE booth.  This time, we exchanged the disks.

In the autumn of 2010, I started writing Gnuk, and it caused me to
join GnuPG development, so that I could improve scdaemon.  In 2011, I
signed contracts between FSF to assign copyright.  I remember that the
counter-part signer of GnuPG was Peter, and the one of Libgcrypt was
John, because of personnel changes in FSF.  At that time, I didn't
expect more involvement than scdaemon, but Werner was right.

Gradually, my involvement increased.  I happened to review or modify
routines in libgcrypt for public key cryptography or lower level
functions for that.  In 2013, I reviewed ECC code, and then, hacked
code for exponentiation to recover performance regression.  Now, I'm
trying to support Curve25519 in GnuPG.

This year, I plan to join Debconf 15 to meet Werner again.  If
possible, I'd like to play GDHP there.

Happy "I love Free Software Day 2015",