MIME or inline signature ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Feb 14 14:43:54 CET 2015

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:05, johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl said:

> Hmmm. Some exotic uses with ElGamal keys were removed after a bug was
> discovered AFAIK. And thinking on some discussions about pgp 2

The reason for Elgamal signing keys was that back when I started with
GnuPG it was not clear whether DSA was patented.  Thus using Elgamal for
signing was the only clearly non-patented method.  Only in the course of
developing OpenPGP in 1998 it got clear that we can use DSA without
problems.  Gpg than changed to that.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner