MIME or inline signature ?

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Sat Feb 14 23:05:24 CET 2015

Hi

Am 14.02.2015 um 15:44 schrieb MFPA:
> Hi
>

> On Friday 13 February 2015 at 11:28:43 AM, in
> <mid:54DDDFEB.4020906 at mailbox.org>, Stephan Beck wrote:
>

>> BAD Signature from xx
>
> I get that as well.
>

>> As a
>> security measure I have assigned your key a non-trust
>> attribute.
>
> Is that something like a local signature?

Well, it's rather a precautionary measure than an actual security measure, ,
reminding me of not trusting the key owner's ability to handle and verify
signatures correctly, if he/she uses a signature no one has the chance to check
because the information about the public key's location isn't indicated by its
owner in his/her very message. I assigned the "I do not trust him" attribute to
the first key he used in a previous message.

Or was your comment directed to the owner of the key? Now, I am not quite sure
about that...

Anyway, nice weekend to all

Stephan