MIME or inline signature ?

Christopher Beck beckus at beckus.eu
Mon Feb 16 12:32:49 CET 2015

On Sunday 15 February 2015 22:42:09 Stephan Beck wrote:
> Hi, Christopher,
>
> Am 15.02.2015 um 20:14 schrieb Christopher Beck:
> > Sometimes my signatures are being counted as bad ones. But I figured out
> > it is a bug on kmail or enigmail (there where bug reports on both
> > implementations). Well, I'am just about tu figure it out, so there may be
> > another issue instead of them both.
> >

> > According to the question in the topic: inline signatures always worked,
> > MIME didn't. I still wonder why, and after my next exams I'll investigate
> > on that...
> >
> > Beckus
>
> I try to be extremely clear. I cannot verify your signature, neither with
> Enigmail nor using gpg stand-alone. My version is 1.4.12
>
> Steps to reproduce the event:
> 1) I import your key using your key-ID from within gpg 1.4.12 typing
> gpg --recv-keys [your key id],
> result: gpg has imported your key, everything's all right here.
> 2) I open the header of your message.
> 3) I copy the signature and save it as a "beckus_sig.asc" file using a
> simple text editor (or, optionally, as "signature.asc")
> 4) I type
> gpg --verify beckus_sig.asc (or signature.asc)
> 5) gpg outputs: No valid OpenPGP data found. Signature verification failed.
> (I am retranslating that into English,so please be kind with any imprecision
> you may find).
>
> What's wrong with what I am doing?
>
> Stephan
Hi,

now I'll use the inline format. If you can now verify my signature, this still
could be the same bug (or whatever it is...).
--
I use GnuPG (GPG) for E-Mail encryption and signing. If you want some privacy,
my public key ID is 2F9D4F14. The file "singature.asc" this message includes

Christopher Beck

Gerhart-Hauptmann-Str. 1
91058 Erlangen
Tel.: 09131 / 9245437