Please remove MacGPG from gnupg.org due to serious security concerns

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 18 05:57:39 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:31, martin at martinpaljak.net said:

> GnuPG just got a huge sum of money, I'm sure arrangements can be made
> to allocate some of that for a easy to use and *free* OSX version with
> an integrated GUI ?

I would consider it unfair to all true free software developers to take
the donated money and buy up a non-free application just to make it free
software (again).

However, that does not mean that we won't support the gpgtools
developers to drop their need for a license fee (or whatever this is)
and help them to keep on developing gpgtools.  There is one prerequisite
for any such action: They need to communicate with the non-Mac
developers which means to discuss things at gnupg-devel and use
bugs.gnupg.org for GnuPG related problems on OS X.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner