2.1.2: keyserver route failure

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 18 19:36:32 CET 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:59, johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl said:

> The most easy solution in such cases is to try IPv4 first, if that
> doesn't work or is unavailable, try IPv6 if available.

That server has no v4 address.  For obvious reasons we use the standard
version first and only then fallback to a legacy IP version .-).

> Non-working or misconfigured IPv6 setups are rather common, probably

The problem is more that the all machines now have v6 enabled but no
address configured.  It is a bug in GnuPG's server selection code not to
check whether a real v6 interface is up.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner