MIME or inline signature ? [OT]

MFPA 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net
Thu Feb 19 02:15:59 CET 2015

Hi

On Tuesday 17 February 2015 at 11:13:18 AM, in
<mid:20150217061318.3cd64936 at scorpio>, Jerry wrote:

> That is the reason I detest INLINE as opposed to
> PGP/MIME.

You detest pgp-inline for the main reason I prefer it. Wouldn't life
be boring if we all liked the same things?

> The insertion of superfluous garbage in the
> message body is annoying to say the least.

Given all the corporate non-sense footers "requiring" us to
telepathically know whether or not the sender meant to include us in
the circulation list and to delete it without reading if the answer is
"No", most email users are well-practised at ignoring anything that
seems irrelevant.

> Worse, since
> most users have no concept of "trimming" a message
> before replying to it,

I tend to find those poor unfortunates usually top-post, so all the
extraneous content is off-screen below their message. But so is
anything that could give context to their pearls of wisdom.

> even more useless garbage is
> transmitted when replied to, thus killing more innocent
> electrons

Presumably this virtual massacre adds to the virtual problem of global
warming.

> and wasting bandwidth

Those of us on a metered connection would be with you all the way.
Except that HTML emails are a far bigger bandwidth-hog.

> not to mention the
> consumption of screen territory.

I find that my screen territory all comes back when I delete the
email.

- --
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net

Free advice costs nothing until you act upon it