GNUPG 2.* and AIX - questions

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 19 11:41:28 CET 2015

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 12:16, aixtools at gmail.com said:

> I took the hint and tried to package gnu/nth but make fails - immediately -
> with this message.

You might find something about this in bugs.gnupg.org.  I have not tried
gnupg 2.0.x on AIX for many years thus it is quite possible that you run
into problems, possible due to newer AIX versions.

However, GnuPG 2.1 builds and works fine on AIX.  I even test it from
time to time.  Thus instead of settling on 2.0 you may want to jump
directly jump from 1.4 to 2.1.  2.0 will be maintained for some times
but probably not more than two years from now.

> p.s. please forgive the cross post to @devel - not sure which is the best
> list for this question.

Both make sense ;-)

Salam-Shalom,