Please remove MacGPG from gnupg.org due to serious security concerns

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Thu Feb 19 18:31:14 CET 2015

On 2015-02-19 18:16, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> I also like @ to hide useless output, but is downloading *and
> executing* from a remote location really something you should hide?
> Especially if everything else isn't hidden?

I can understand you're pretty darn pissed off that they executed
untrusted remote code on your computer, which, I think, explains why
you're "lashing out" so strongly. And I also think that it was truly
poorly designed. But I find your quest for bad faith on their part a bit
far fetched... Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity.[1][2]

By now, you should probably cool down a bit. I'd say you've made your
point.

Peter.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor ; apparently after
Robert J. Hanlon, not Hansen ;P
[2] Although with security software, a bit of healthy paranoia can be
warranted, IMHO.

My key is available at
<http://digitalbrains.com/2012/openpgp-key-peter>