Please remove MacGPG from gnupg.org due to serious security concerns

Thu Feb 19 20:18:04 CET 2015

On 18.02.15 13:05, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
>> > Upstream still does have the issue which now seems to have been fixed in the fork but in a binary removed from upstream…
> I really can not confirm this. I am running vanilla GnuPG 2.1.2 (built from source) on Yosemite (10.10.2 to be exact) with a Gnuk without any problems.

Previously I was running brewed 2.0.26. And now I've experienced the
similar issue with a speedo build of 2.1.2. There's still definately
something going awry but I'll need to do some more testing to find out more.

I'm using the FSFE card and the issue is a hang when it should be asking
for PIN.

> I suppose it might be a good idea to have a Qt GUI.

I kinda had that in mind :). QT 4 is going out of support very soon,
i.e. sometime this year. Surely someone from the KDE / larger community
using pinentry-qt4 has been working on a QT 5 version of pinentry?

--
Ville