gpg-agent does not authenticate ssh connections

Rainer Keller mail at rainerkeller.de
Fri Feb 20 09:31:39 CET 2015

Hi,

thanks very much for your help, it works now.

> It is not possible for OpenPGP card to have user's PIN with length of
> less than 6.  Your user's PIN would be the factory default still.
You were right, my PIN had a length of 5 and was still set to factory default.
After changing it all problems are gone.

Maybe the error message should be improved a bit to tell the user what is
really wrong. I don't remember completely but I don't think gnupg showed an
error when setting the short PIN.