Question about group line use in GnuPG

Anthony Papillion anthony at cajuntechie.org
Sun Feb 22 01:32:56 CET 2015

On 02/21/2015 06:19 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Sat 2015-02-21 18:33:46 -0500, Anthony Papillion wrote:
>>
>> gpg -ear mygroup at domain.com filename
>>
>> But when I do that, gpg tells it has no key for that address. Why can't
>> gpg understand and properly process my group line from the terminal? Is
>> this anything that's planned for the future?
>
> I believe it is supposed to do this already.  It works for me.
>
> What version of GnuPG are you using?  On what platform?  can you share
> the exact configuration and commands you're running?  It's hard to help
> debug from just the example info you provide here.

Thanks for your quick response. It looks like I may have fixed the
problem. Basically, when I use Enigmail for the group line, it needs it
in the form of

group <pgpnet at yahoogroups.com>=key1,key2,key3

But when I do it from the terminal, it needs to be in the form of

group pgpnet at yahoogroups.com=key1,key2,key3

Copying the group line in my gpg.conf file and removing the brackets
made if work as expected.

Thanks!
Anthony