GNU-divert-to-card S2K format

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 24 17:52:23 CET 2015

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:55, leonard.dallot at taztag.com said:

> I have tried to find a description of this S2K format, but I haven't
> found one. Does anyone know where I can find a description of this
> "experimental" S2K ?

doc/DETAILS shows this

* GNU extensions to the S2K algorithm

  S2K mode 101 is used to identify these extensions.
  After the hash algorithm the 3 bytes "GNU" are used to make
  clear that these are extensions for GNU, the next bytes gives the
  GNU protection mode - 1000.  Defined modes are:
  - 1001 :: Do not store the secret part at all.
  - 1002 :: A stub to access smartcards (not used in 1.2.x)

for everything else you need to look at the code (parse-packet.c)

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner