trust paths (was: German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption)

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Fri Feb 27 22:30:41 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 22:25 +0100, Hauke Laging wrote:
> > Find trust paths
> What could that be good for? If you do not make very strange assumptions
> that could be of any use only if you assign certification trust to
> unknown keys which would be completely crazy.

I meant in the sense that I want to trust e.g. Werner's key but haven't
met him in person yet,... but I might have an indirect trustpath to him
via some other persons (which I do trust).
Obviously I'll need any intermediate keys (and enough of them that I
personally decide it's trustworthy).

Cheers,
Chris.