LDAP-based Keyserver

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Sat Feb 28 12:27:05 CET 2015

Hi,

Nearly a decade ago, Walter Haidinger posted a how to describing how
to setup an OpenLDAP PGP keyserver.

  http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2006-February/028058.html

In that time, OpenLDAP configuration has gotten a lot more
complicated.  I've modernized and significantly expanded his tutorial.
You can find it here:

  http://wiki.gnupg.org/LDAPKeyserver

I did my best to provide a recipe that requires little prior knowledge
about OpenLDAP while also explaining the reasoning behind the actions
and high-level concepts.

I'd appreciate it if someone could try to reproduce the steps and
report any bugs.  I used Debian.  There are probably differences on
other platforms that are worth noting.

I'd also appreciate any improvements to the text.

Thanks!

Neal