Secure Private Key Synchronization (RFC)

Tankred Hase tankred at whiteout.io
Thu Jul 2 15:48:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm Tankred from Whiteout (https://whiteout.io). Me, Werner and other
PGP projects discussed a secure way to synchronize a user's private
key between devices during the OpenPGP summit in April
(https://www.gnupg.org/blog/20150426-openpgp-summit.html). The goal
was to formalize and hopefully standardize a very simple protocol that
allows interoperability between mail user agents.

We've already gotten feedback from other vendors using OpenPGP.js such
as Mailvelope and 1&1, and we would also like to hear what the GPG
community has to say about it. Here is our current proposal:

https://github.com/whiteout-io/mail-html5/wiki/Secure-OpenPGP-Key-Pair-Synchronization-via-IMAP

Thanks for any feedback!

Kind regards,
Tankred