GNUPG / GPG / S3 / Duplicity gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available

punksgt punksgt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 17:13:24 CEST 2015

I using S3 / duplicity back up script
<http://kappataumu.com/articles/cloud-backups-duplicity-s3.html>, save
my files. It has been working just fine, until I added a second gpg key.
Then all hell broke loose. I tried to deal with two keys, then I delete
the second key. Then I remove / purged gpg altogether and started with a
fresh start.

I created a new key and this is the response I get. |GPGError: GPG
Failed, see log below: ===== Begin GnuPG log ===== gpg: no default
secret key: secret key not available gpg: [stdin]: sign+encrypt failed:
secret key not available ===== End GnuPG log ===== | Here is my back up
script (but I dont think that is the problem)

|>   #!/bin/bash
>
> # Make GPG explicitly aware of our private key,
> # since we'll be running this via cron as root
>

> HOME="/" SOURCE="/" TARGET=s3+http://xxxx/xxxxx/
> LOGFILE=/home/bege/.duplicity/desktop.log export HOME=$HOME export
> SOURCE=$SOURCE export TARGET=$TARGET export LOGFILE=$LOGFILE
>
> # Load our credentials source "/home/bege/Desktop/.credentials.conf"
>
> export PASSPHRASE export AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID export
> AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
>
> GPG_KEY='7E4B6B9B'
>
> duplicity \
>     --verbosity notice \
>     --s3-use-new-style \
>     --volsize=1000 \
>     --encrypt-key="$GPG_KEY" \
>     --sign-key="$GPG_KEY" \
>     --full-if-older-than 7D \
>     --asynchronous-upload \
>     --log-file "/home/bege/.duplicity/log.log" \
>     --include=/home/bege/Desktop/charts \
>     --exclude=/** \
>     --progress \
>     $SOURCE \
>     $TARGET > $LOGFILE
>

> unset PASSPHRASE unset AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID unset AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY

Here is the details of my keys:

|/home/bege/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
-----------------------------
pub   2048R/7E4B6B9B 2015-07-15
uid                  Chad H <me at mail.com>

/home/bege/.gnupg/secring.gpg
sec   2048R/7E4B6B9B 2015-07-15
uid                  Chad H <me at mail.com>

I have also modified the conf file to make this key the default one. I
have spent far to much time on this but I'm obessed for some lame
reason, I'm at my wits end, thanks in advance.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/648541/gnupg-gpg-s3-duplicity-gpg-no-default-secret-key-secret-key-not-availabl