GNUPG / GPG / S3 / Duplicity gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available

punksgt punksgt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 06:45:34 CEST 2015

Okay, not to be a complete noob.

So I created a new key and selected  "RSA and RSA"

Still getting this error.

GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
===== Begin GnuPG log =====
gpg: no default secret key: secret key not available
gpg: [stdin]: sign+encrypt failed: secret key not available
===== End GnuPG log =====

Here is the out put of my edit function:

bege at BlueSky:~/Desktop$ gpg --edit D9CF0329
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.18; Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Secret key is available.

pub  2048R/D9CF0329  created: 2015-07-17  expires: never usage: SC
                      trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
sub  2048R/545996A5  created: 2015-07-17  expires: never usage: E
[ultimate] (1). Chad H <chad.h at strategic-options.com>

gpg>