Problems with key available in v1.4.19 but not v2.1.5

Juan Miguel Navarro Martínez juanmi.3000 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:09:40 CEST 2015

Pre-2.1: Public keys are in pubring.gpg and secret keys are in secring.gpg
Post-2.1: Public keys are in pubring.kbx and secret keys are in the
directory private-keys-v1.d[1].

Normally they should transition the Pre-2.1 keyrings to 2.1.X the first
time you use it or at least use pubring.gpg.

But if you wanna force-transition the public keyring, as shown in the
information about GnuPG2.1[2], you should do this commands:

$ cd ~/.gnupg
$ gpg --export-ownertrust >otrust.lst
$ mv pubring.gpg publickeys
$ gpg2 --import-options import-local-sigs --import publickeys
$ gpg2 --import-ownertrust otrust.lst
$ mv publickeys pubring.gpg

Second one exports the trust database, then renames pubring.gpg to
publickeys, next two ones import the trust database to GnuPG 2.1 and the
public keys from the rename GnuPG pre-2.1 keyring. Last command renames
it back to pubring.gpg so that it can be used by GnuPG 1.x and 2.0.x
versions.

As for the secret keyring, I don't know but I suppose you can always do:

$ gpg --export-secret-keys | gpg2 --import

As you have 1.4.19 and 2.1.5, `gpg` would be used for GnuPG 1.4.19 and
`gpg2` for GnuPG 2.1.5.

After you have done that, any change in either GnuPG pre-2.1 or post-2.1
keyrings won't be update into the other.

[1]: https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html#nosecring
[2]: https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html#keybox