Really weird behavior with fresh install

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 20 20:47:07 CEST 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:33, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:
> So, in the interests of further checking this out, I figured I'd start
> from a fresh slate:

gpg --version ?
gpg2 --version ?

>     [rjh at localhost ~]$ killall gpg-agent
>     gpg-agent: no process found

[Better use /pkill/ than /killall/ so that the next time you sit at a
 Solaris console you won't be responsible for halting the box]

> Then, when Enigmail tried to get a key list, this happened:
>
>     enigmail> /usr/bin/gpg2 --charset utf-8 --display-charset utf-8
>               --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 --fixed-list-mode
>               --with-colons --list-keys
>     gpg: error reading key: Invalid user ID

I think we recently fixed that.  The wrong error messages is due to the
missing trustdb.gpg.

>     [rjh at localhost ~]$ ls -l .gnupg/
>     total 16
>     -rw-------. 1 rjh rjh 9188 Jul 20 13:25 gpg.conf
>     -rw-------. 1 rjh rjh    0 Jul 20 13:25 pubring.gpg
>     -rw-------. 1 rjh rjh    0 Jul 20 13:25 secring.gpg
>     -rw-------. 1 rjh rjh   40 Jul 20 13:30 trustdb.gpg

which fortunately has been created now and thus

> And finally, let's run Enigmail's same command line:

works.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner