Proposal of OpenPGP Email Validation

Daniel Baur mls at dabpunkt.eu
Mon Jul 27 14:33:42 CEST 2015

Hello,
Am 27.07.2015 um 14:15 schrieb Neal H. Walfield:
> This approach is not going to stop a nation state.  A nation state can
> intercept the mail, decrypt it and follow the link.
>
> For the same reason, it is not going to stop a user's ISP.  Given
> Microsoft's et al.'s willingness to cooperate with the NSA, these are
> not very good starting conditions.

As far as I understand, the email is encrypted with the public key of
the owner – so as long as we think that GPG is safe, Nico’s
verification-emails should be also safe.

What could be a problem: The state or the ISP could create a key-pair of
its own and upload it, intercept the mail and verify it.

Sincerely,
DaB.