gpg-agent unable to see yubikey until manually re-running `gpg --card-status`

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Wed Jun 17 18:17:51 CEST 2015

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> writes:

> Gpg frontend certainly works well for --sign, --decrypt after you
> remove your token and insert it again.  Please try:
>
> (1) Insert token
> (2) Run "gpg --card-status"
> (3) Remove token
> (4) Run "gpg --sign" or "gpg --decrypt"
>
> SSH authentication also works well after removal/insertion.
>
> Note that it all works for me with Gnuk Token or OpenPGPcard with a
> card reader.

Removing/inserting YubiKey NEO works fine for me with GnuPG 2.0.x from
Jessie.  Could this be a GnuPG 2.1.x issue?  Lance, did this work with
older GnuPG versions?

I've seen the error many times, also when I used a g10code smartcard,
but lately things have been smooth.  I think there have been a couple of
gpg-agent/scdaemon fixes going in to make unplug/insert resume fine.

/Simon