German ct magazine postulates death of pgp encryption

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Mon Mar 2 11:35:19 CET 2015

Am 28.02.2015 um 13:31 schrieb Peter Lebbing:

> PS: By the way, my ISP and some of it's employees are in a perfect position to
> do a man in the middle.

No doubt about it. And we actually don't know how they "use" their position.
Well, looking at some sort of collaboration published a few weeks ago, we might
have some hints...

>I sure hope they can't "just hack my system" because of
> that position.

Sticking to that "perfect position argument", in what kind of position are
(would be) the people that control (packaging of) your distro? (Just curious.)

>The one capability certainly does not imply the other.

Cheers,

Stephan