Thoughts on GnuPG and automation

Matthias Mansfeld m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Tue Mar 3 22:02:10 CET 2015

On 4 Mar 2015 at 7:47, Sandeep Murthy wrote:

[...]
> Once such a data retention law is in place it is dangerous because
> inevitably there is a "mission creep" that sets in - it is not
> hard to imagine one day that encryption software users, maybe GPG
> users, will be required to disclose information about the way they use
> it.  I think in the UK recently the PM made some ambiguous comments
> which can be interpreted as seeking a ban on end-to-end encryption
> software by private users on the grounds that terrorists benefit just
> as much as ordinary law-abiding citizens from using encryption.  Of
> course this shows he just does not understand the issues involved and
> this idea will not go anywhere.

I assume everybody here knows http://xkcd.com/538/

....... and stuff like this is law in some countries. Coercive
detention, or (if we just forget "law, what the f*** is law") some
fine ideas used against unlawful combatants......

Today in paranoid mode
Matthias

--
Unsere Korrespondenz kann mitgelesen werden. Wollen Sie das
erschweren, mailen wir uns gerne mit (Open)PGP verschlüsselt.