GPG4Win 2.2.3 Smart card support

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 10 11:25:14 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:14, Deepak.Saxena at safenet-inc.com said:

> I am trying to test file encryption with SafeNet smart cards. (CardOs/ Java and other tokens).
> I am getting error message: The card application is not yet supported.

You need to write an application which GnuPG knows about.  The source
files scd/app-*.c implement the hist part of the card applictions.  If
you card has a pkcs#15 structure it would be used, if not you need to
provide the specifications for the card and write such an application
driver or find someone who is interested in doing that.

You may however use the card directly sending the respecive APDUs to the
card.  You can test this with gpg-connect-agent; use

  scd serialno undefined

to convince scdaemon to use the card without any known application and
then run

 scd help apdu

to learn about the APDU command.

> I can see the list of supported tokens as:
> https://wiki.debian.org/GnuPG/CCID_Driver

This is a lower layer.  On Windows pkcs at 11 is used and AFAICS it works
for you.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

p.s.
> The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
> may be privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected
> from disclosure. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify us immediately by replying to this

Did the GCHQ complied with that request when they grabbed all those SIM
card keys? ;-)